Project Uplift's Strategic Plan
In June 2003, the board of directors of the Project Uplift Foundation embarked upon its most important initiative to date, the creation of a three-year strategic plan. During this process the Foundation examined its mission, values, goals and grantmaking practices to determine how best to enhance Project Uplift's current initiatives and to examine new ways to ensure the Foundation a higher level of impact on the young people and communities it serves. The trustees invited members of the parent organization, the Kappa Alpha Alpha Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc., to assist them in this endeavor. With one voice, the board adopted the following three-year plan in December 2003:
FUTURE GOALS :
- Raise awareness and promote accomplishments of the Foundation.
- Enhance individual programs to achieve well-executed, measurable results.
- Identify resources and develop partnerships to increase impact and sustainability.
- Increase volunteerism and community support.
- Establish a permanent site for the Project Uplift Foundation and its programs.
- Increase the Endowment by $100,000 over next three years.
We will accomplish these goals through the collective work of our members, continued support of our volunteers and community and through corporate, individual and community contributions and partnerships. We are confident in the future of Project Uplift. The strength of our Foundation remains the countless young people, particularly young men, who participate in our programs and continue to benefit from our Four Cardinal Principles of manhood, scholarship, perseverance, and uplift.